Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Invest Time to Develop The Future You, Now!


Today, I was praying to God that my life might be significant for His Kingdom, and then praying that it might give glory to Him. However, upon further reflection (today I’m staying home and right now kicking back near out outdoor fountain), it seems that those things are out of my control.

I can certainly continue to pray for them. But, more immediately and in my perceived control, is that I can focus my available time on being the FULLY developed human being that God intended me to be.

I can determine what that might be by looking at the talents, experiences and blessing that I currently have. For example, I was blessed with children; and so I need to be a better parent. I’ve been blessed to be an attorney. I need to be a better one. I was born with artistic talent. Should I allow that to go dormant?  From here on out, I vow to consciously spend more time and focused attention on the things that are within my power, namely improving through investments of time the things I already have.

Where that takes me, is up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment